Job Postings for HIPAA COW
HIPAA INCIDENT INVESTIGATOR
- Job Location: MADISON
- Organization’s name: OFFICE OF COMPLIANCE, UW-MADISON
- Organization’s Address: 500 LINCOL DR, BASCOM 361 MADISON, WI 53706
- Contact person’s name: KAREN AUNE
- Contact person’s phone number: 608-262-9949
- Contact person’s email address: KAREN.AUNE@WISC.EDU
- Organization’s Website (optional): https://compliance.wisc.edu/
- Salary Range: $50,000 ANNUAL DEPENDING ON QUALIFICATIONS
- Job Description-
- The HIPAA Incident Investigator will, under the direction of the HIPAA Privacy Officer, follow institutional policy and guidelines to triage and investigate reports and complaints alleging violations of the Privacy, Security and Breach Notification Rules of HIPAA. This will involve gathering, analyzing, and summarizing evidence and making recommendations to the HIPAA Privacy Officer regarding mitigation of incident-related risk and compliance with HIPAA. This will also involve post-investigation follow-up to assess the effectiveness of mitigation efforts.
- This position requires collaboration with (at a minimum) the HIPAA Privacy Coordinators and HIPAA Security Coordinators across the UW-Madison Health Care Component and with the Monitoring & Incident Response Team of the Office of Cybersecurity. The position may also interact with the UW-Madison Institutional Review Boards and with compliance staff at organizations external to UW-Madison.
- This position will function with a degree of autonomy after initial training on HIPAA and UW-Madison policies and procedures. The position reports to the HIPAA Privacy Officer.
- Prior work experience with HIPAA or workplace investigations may facilitate the successful applicant’s orientation to this role, but specific prior work experience is not required.
- The successful applicant will possess excellent written, verbal and interpersonal communication skills, and will use discretion and good judgment when carrying out all functions of this role. Additionally, due to the sensitive and sometimes high-profile nature of investigations, the successful applicant must be able to communicate effectively and respectfully with students, staff, and faculty at all levels of education and employment.
- To apply for this position:
- View “Jobs at UW” website HERE
- Click the Apply Now button.
- Applicants will be asked to upload a resume, a cover letter outlining relevant qualifications and experience, and one professional reference. Pay will be based on experience and qualifications.
- To see the full position description, click on “List of Duties” under Position Duties.
- Job posting: https://jobs.hr.wisc.edu/en-us/job/502031/hipaa-incident-investigator
- PLEASE NOTE: The online application system locks at 11:55 PM CST on the application deadline date of AUGUST 11. Online submissions that are not COMPLETED by 11:55 PM CST on the deadline date will not be considered.